The Casa Copenhagen Denmark (“The Casa Copenhagen Denmark”, “we”, “our” or “us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy describes the way we handle and use the personal information that we obtain from all the different interactions you may have with us as a business, including when you visit our stores, social media pages or website currently located at www.casacopenhagen.com or when you contact us.
The Casa Copenhagen Denmark is the controller in relation to the processing activities described below. This means that The Casa Copenhagen Denmark decides why and how your personal information is processed. Please see the section at the end of this policy for our contact and legal information.
We may need to update this Privacy Notice from time to time. We'll notify you of any significant changes, but you're welcome to check it whenever you wish.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We receive personal information about you that you give to us, that we collect from your visits to our stores, Site, and social media pages and that we obtain from other sources. We only collect personal information which we need and that is relevant for the purposes for which we intend to use it.
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU – IN STORE, ONLINE, BY PHONE, SOCIAL MEDIA, AND EMAIL:
- Your name, title and contact details (email address, telephone number, postal address);
- Any information you include in correspondence you send to us or in forms you submit to us at our stores or when using our Site or social media pages;
- Details of your orders and purchases;
- Your marketing preferences;
- The opinions and other information you provide when responding to customer surveys and product reviews;
- Any personal information included in your entries to competitions that we run;
- Your identification information when exercising the rights that you have in relation to our processing of your personal information (see further Your rights in relation to your personal information)
- Details of any transactions between you and us;
- Voice recordings of calls you make to our customer service centre and information you give us when you contact us with a query or issue;
- The frequency of your use of vouchers, shopping codes and gift cards.
When you visit our Site we automatically collect:
- The frequency of your voucher, shopping code usage;
- Details of your use of our Site namely traffic data, weblogs and statistical data, including where and when you clicked on certain parts of our Site and details of the webpage from which you visited it;
- The date and time you used our Site;
- The pages you visited on our Site and how long you visited us for;
- The website address from which you accessed our website;
- Cookie, pixels and beacon identification information.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information for a variety of reasons when we believe we have a legitimate interest to do so and to process your personal information depending on the purposes of our use and the risks to your privacy.
You will only receive email from us if we have obtained your contact details in the course of a sale or negotiation of our products or services, and you have subscribed to receiving such direct email from us. Of course, we will only use your contact details to send you marketing emails that are based on similar products or services that you purchased from us, and you will always have the opportunity to opt out at any time. We do not share your personal information with companies that would send their marketing to you.
We use your personal information to contact you via email, online or by post (as you have indicated) with marketing information about our products, events, product launches, exciting offers and services (see Marketing Communications for further details).
You may choose to unsubscribe from receiving the marketing information from us at any time. Please see Your rights over your personal information for further details.
WHERE NECESSARY TO COMPLY WITH OUR LEGAL OBLIGATIONS
- We will use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations:
- To keep a record relating to the exercise of any of your rights relating to our processing of your personal information.
- To take any actions in relation to health and safety incidents required by law.
- To handle and resolve any complaints we receive relating to the services and products we provide.
WHERE NECESSARY FOR US TO PURSUE A LEGITIMATE INTEREST
- We may use and process your personal information where it is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests as a business for the following purposes:
- Processing necessary for us to promote our business, brands and products and measure the reach and effectiveness of our campaigns;
- For analysis and insight conducted to inform our marketing strategies, and to enhance your visitor experience;
- To tailor and personalise our marketing communications based on your attributes;
- To fulfil and complete your orders, purchases and other transactions entered into with us;
- To contact you with targeted advertising delivered online through social media and other online platforms operated by other companies, unless you object. You may receive advertising based on information about you that we have provided to the platform or because, at our request, the platform has identified you as having similar attributes to the individuals whose details it has received from us. To find out more, please refer to the information provided in the help pages of the platforms on which you receive advertising from us;
- To send you an electronic communication if you have closed your browser with items in your shopping basket or requested information of interest;
- To send you electronic marketing information after you have purchased a product or service from us, made a purchasing enquiry or requested information of interest. We will only contact you with information about our own similar products and services, which we hope you will like. You have the right to object to us sending you this information at any time;
- In some cases, we may use automated methods to analyse, combine and evaluate information that you have provided to us. We collect and analyse this information in this way so that we can deliver the most appropriate customer experience to you by tailoring and making relevant all our service and communications;
- Processing necessary for us to support you with your enquiries;
- To respond to correspondence, you send to us and fulfil the requests you make to us;
- Processing necessary for us to respond to changing market conditions and the needs of our Customers;
- To analyse, evaluate and improve our products and services so that your visit and use of our Site, social media pages and stores are more useful and enjoyable (we will generally use data amalgamated from many people so that it does not identify you personally);
- To undertake market analysis and research (including contacting you with customer surveys) so that we can better understand you as a customer;
- For product development purposes;
- Processing necessary for us to operate the administrative and technical aspects of our business efficiently and effectively;
- To administer our Site, and our social media pages and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, testing, statistical purposes;
- For the prevention of fraud and other criminal activities;
- To verify the accuracy of data that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as an account holder or visitor;
- For network and information security in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss or damage, theft or unauthorised access;
- To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request);
- For the purposes of corporate restructure or reorganisation or sale of our business or assets;
- For efficiency, accuracy or other improvements of our databases and systems, for example, by combining systems or consolidating records we hold about you;
- To enforce or protect our contractual or other legal rights or to bring or defend legal proceedings;
- To inform you of updates to our terms and conditions and policies;
- For other general administration including managing your queries, complaints, or claims, and to send service messages to you.
WHERE NECESSARY FOR US TO COMPLETE ORDERS AND RUN COMPETITIONS
- We will use your personal information where this is necessary for us to perform our contract with you or to carry out any pre-contract steps you’ve asked us to so that you can enter into that contract, for the following purposes:
- To process your payment card or bank details when taking payment for your orders or when providing a refund;
- To process, fulfil and complete your orders, purchases and other transactions entered into with us and deliver your order;
- To run our competitions and promotions that you enter from time to time and to distribute prizes;
WHERE PROCESSING IS IN YOUR VITAL INTERESTS
We will use your personal information where this is in your vital interest to notify you of any product recall issues.
If you have requested to receive marketing information from us, we may use your personal information to contact you by email, online or by post to notify you of special offers, promotions, competitions or new products and services. We try to adapt to any marketing material that we send to you for example by notifying you of special offers or promotions that will be of relevance to you, apply to your interests and in your location (we do this by monitoring your browsing and online shopping habits and providing information on products you have viewed and related products). If you do not wish to receive communications from us, please inform us by using the unsubscribe link inside the email, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by changing your profile settings from within your account.
If you opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, we keep your email address on our suppression list indefinitely to ensure that we comply with your wishes.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION BY US
We only disclose your personal information outside our business in limited circumstances. If we do, we will put in place a contract that requires recipients to protect your personal information, unless we are legally required to share that information. Any contractors or recipients that work for us will be obliged to follow our instructions. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
We may disclose your information to our third-party service providers, agents and subcontractors (Suppliers) for the purposes of providing services to us or directly to you on our behalf, including the operation and maintenance of our Site, and social media pages.
When we use Suppliers, we only disclose to them any personal information that is necessary for them to provide their services and only where we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it other than in accordance with our specific instructions.
SECURITY AND LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We take the security of your personal information seriously and use a variety of measures based on good industry practice to keep it secure. Nonetheless, transmissions over the internet and to our Site, and our social media pages may not be completely secure, so please exercise caution. When accessing links to other websites, their privacy policies, not ours, will apply to your personal information.
We employ security measures to protect the personal information you provide to us, to prevent access by unauthorised persons and unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage
We use Internet standard encryption technology ("SSL" or "Secure Socket Layer" technology) to encode personal data that you send to us when placing an order through the Site.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do everything possible to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information during its transmission to us online. You accept the inherent security implications of using the internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless we are at fault.
If you are using a computer or terminal in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session for your security. In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety: When creating a password, we recommend use at least 8 characters with a combination of letters and numbers. We recommend you frequently change your password – you can do this by going to “My Account” and clicking “Change name, email or password”. Keep your passwords private. Remember, anyone you knows your password may access your account. Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts. We will never ask you to confirm any account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Casa Copenhagen asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
THE PERIODS FOR WHICH WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not hold your personal information in an identifiable format for any longer than is necessary for the purposes for which we collected it. For certain purposes we retain your personal information indefinitely (e.g. to supress marketing messages).
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to access any personal information that we hold about you, and you can request:
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
- If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
- You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing (where applicable) in accordance with the data protection laws; as well as to object to any direct marketing from us. Where applicable, you have the right to data portability of your information and the right to be informed about any automated decision-making we may use.
- If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Please check this page regularly for changes to this policy. This policy was last updated on 9th May 2019.
You can contact us with your queries in relation to this policy or for any other reason by post or by email at email@example.com
The Casa Copenhagen Denmark company registration number is 02998082 and registered office address is 2 Television Centre, 101 Wood Lane, London, W12 7FR.